Ephesians 2:11-12 (JDV)
Ephesians 2:11 For this reason,1 remember that at one time you were Gentiles in the flesh – called “the uncircumcised” by those called “the circumcised,” which is done in the flesh by human hands.
Ephesians 2:12 At that season you were without Christ, excluded from the citizenship of Israel, and foreigners to the covenants of promise, without hope and without God in the world.
remember what you were
Paul goes into great detail to remind the Ephesian Christians of what they were before they accepted Christ as their Savior:
There was no sign linking them to God’s promise to Abraham.
- They had no Messiah as their king.
- They had no citizenship in the kingdom.
- They had no covenants connecting them to God’s promises for the future.
- They had no hope for a destiny other than death.
- They were not connected to God in his world.
All of that changed by their simply accepting Christ into their lives. It can happen to you too!
Lord, draw more new citizens into your kingdom by introducing them to king Jesus!