The book of Acts has been called the missions manual of the New Testament. Joshua serves a similar purpose for the old covenant community. Chapter 1 gives all the elements the Israelites needed for a theology of missions.
- The assurance of the presence of the LORD wherever they went.
- The awareness that the land was not only promised, but was given to them by its rightful owner and creator.
- The need for strength and courage because the mission requires conflict.
- The necessity of staying true to God’s word in order to accomplish the mission.
- The importance of the whole team being involved in the task.
LORD, today you have called us to reclaim the whole planet for you. May we stay true to our mission.